Friday, October 7, 2011

10 Holiday Planning tips!

Now that its October I wanted to talk to you about my holiday tips. Thanksgiving and Christmas are by far my favorite holidays! Around the end of October I start making my gift list. I try and write down three gifts for each person. Then we start saving for the sales that come around November. I price shop and never purchase unless I know thats the best deal. Every year we visit family for both holidays. Im always in charge of the appetizers. With a large family I found prepping the night before saves on time and headaches. I always double the amount of people so I know we will have enough to feed everyone. During Thanksgiving we put up our tree and start to decorate for Christmas. My son loves helping hang the ornaments and picking out the Christmas cards to send to family. I always try and purchase our holiday cards in the beginning of November so Im sure to have enough time to get them to everyone. A good way to store your holiday decorations is in color coded bins. For Christmas we use red bins and for halloween orange bins. It makes basement trips so much easier. No digging or opening bins to find the right one. I also am sure to stack my bins in order so I can get to the halloween bin without having to move the christmas bins. Remember with toddlers wrapping one or two gifts will do. They get overwhelmed very quickly. If you have more then one child and dont want to put names on the gifts try color coding for each person. That will keep older kids from guessing whats inside! We love to use a certain ribbon or wrapping paper for each person. We always purchase wrapping paper after the holidays are over. That way I get enough wrapping paper but at a discount price!  I love baking cookies, watching Christmas movies and spending time with my family. The best thing about Christmas is the cards and you can find some amazing cards at http://www.storkie.com. We have so many traditions! Making salt dough ornaments, our yearly ornament purchase and card shopping. It just wouldn't be the holidays without cards! 


I wrote this blog post while participating in the Storkie holiday blogging program. I received compensation for my participation. All opinions are 100% mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment